This version has been the last version published for PHP4. A complete rewrite of this tool using PHP5 can
be found at http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_Beautifier.
If someone wants to continue developing the old version, just drop me a mail. I will try to help you where I can.
We also look for help for the new project.
What it does:
This program tries to reformat and beautify PHP source code files automatically. It is a pretty printer for your php source code.
The program is Open Source and distributed under the terms of GNU GPL.
It is written in PHP and has a web frontend.
Who needs it:
- people, who get PHP code from other coders and are slightly confused
- people, who can't read their own PHP code anymore
- people, who want to share their PHP code
- automatic indentation of PHP source code according to given number of spaces
- automatic newlines, if required
- includes settings for braces according to C or PEAR style
- can make use of PHPs integrated code highlight option
- can limit number of chars per line. This will break the code at a space
and outputs the rest on the next line with an additional indent.
(I used this to reformat my code to put it in a LATEX document.
This PHP code normally can't be executed anymore, it is only useful for printout.)
- turn off and on beautifying by inserting "// NO_BEAUTIFY" or "// BEAUTIFY" in source code